Hondo's Bar

Gaming Blargh/random bits

bishopcruz

I figured Nintendorks could use a thread for miscelanious gaming shit that might not deserve its own thread normally, so this is the anything goes so long as its gaming thread, random bits o news, weird videos, or other cool shit goes here. Pretty much, if it is worth showing Hondonians, but not worthy of its own thread, plop it here:

To start off:

This is why I wanted to be a game designer, so I coulod be as cool at these guys:

Westwood College Baby!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured Nintendorks could use a thread for miscelanious gaming shit that might not deserve its own thread normally, so this is the anything goes so long as its gaming thread, random bits o news, weird videos, or other cool shit goes here. Pretty much, if it is worth showing Hondonians, but not worthy of its own thread, plop it here:

To start off:

This is why I wanted to be a game designer, so I coulod be as cool at these guys:

Westwood College Baby!

I... think I remember that commercial. How old is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Preview_Hitman_Blood_Money_2.jpg

I picked this up earlier today, and tonight for a couple hours sat down and played it. First off, this game is hard. The controls are re-vamped so that they aren't as clunky as previous installments. The AI is a little weak, but the graphics on XBox have been tweaked on this dated console pretty well.

So far, I like it alot, more to come later after I advance a little farther.

Edited by MusicManiac

I've completed it already.

I was playing for about 13 hours straight. Then this morning I woke up early and played for another 5 hours. I still want more, and I don't mind playing the levels over again, and again, and again.

What a game!

My favourite levels include '' A new life '' '' A house of cards '' and '' A dance with the devil ''

They're all good!, but these are just my favourites.

I've completed it already.

I was playing for about 13 hours straight. Then this morning I woke up early and played for another 5 hours. I still want more, and I don't mind playing the levels over again, and again, and again.

What a game!

My favourite levels include '' A new life '' '' A house of cards '' and '' A dance with the devil ''

They're all good!, but these are just my favourites.

Played the demo after a recommendation from you on another thread, it's pretty decent, a lot like Splinter Cell, but from what I've seen it's pretty linear and doesn't do much to stand out from the crowd. Then again the demo only had the tutorial level which is never good.

For me, The Tom Clancy SplinterCell series is in a league of it's own... In the Xbox version, I think the stealth elements in Hitman BM, don't rely on the shadowy ninja approach very much and more on disguise and blending in with your environment to exploit an opportunity are more out in the open, very much like Val Kilmer's character in The Saint. The Spy element is there, but it feels different than SC, I think.

Graphics- The graphics on this particular version (XBOX) are pretty decent, but not extremely polished when compared to Tomb Raider Legends for example for an Eidos effort. Every once in a while, the player might notice some framerate issues, but not enough to impair playing or ruin the overall experiance. Awesome interactive environments and large areas of exploration!

03.jpg

Sound- This is a mixed bag as well. Later, on in ceratian levels (Winery/Opera House for example) there are issues with hearing the dialolgue over the in game music and other environmental sounds whuch are crucial to enemy placement. Especially when you are sneaking up on a group of unsuspecting enemies. This is well executed on games like Manhunt, Splintercell and even on Syphon Filter for PS2, but overly "muffled" here. The score, however is quite excellent having been done by London Symphony and adds to the overall experiance during certain scenarios.

hitman-blood-money-20050202034313412.jpg

Gameplay- This, for me is what makes the game fun indeed and separates itself from it's predecessors in the series. The control of Agent 47, has been revamped to include a few more moves and easier access and manipulation of his weapons and tools of the trade as you progress through the levels. The scenarios are diverse enough so that, no scenario is ever the same twice. For example, if you are going into an area, that you are replying and have been to before, you know that certain enemies are going to be present in that same area. Their reactions and the available options on how to react in this scenario may change. Which I think adds depth and challenge in the game play. Your adrenaline will be soaring as you make a calm exit from a flawlessly executed silent hit on an intended target.

shot3big.jpg

The enemies AI varies depending on the level difficulty, that you choose, and after trekking through half the game already, feel that the enemy AI could have been a little better in terms of their "suspicion" of you in an area where your character doesn;t belong. They are however good shots, and if you blow your cover on a mission, they won';t hesitate to raise an alarm and swarm you. Bloodbaths are very much discouraged in this game.

hbm_1147_screenshot10.jpg

Overall, I like this game alot. I mean, it's just plain trippy to plot out how you want to take down your targets and just about every choice is plausible. From electrocutions, silent stabbings, fiberwire attacks and poisonings. It's original, challenging and just plain fun to play. I highly reccomend it.

4/5 Pimps. :yup::pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Edited by MusicManiac

I find that this game is anything but linear. There are so many options on how to make the hit, it’s mind boggling. Case in point- the Opera House/Curtain Falls level. You can snipe the hit on stage, drop a chandelier on him, cause an explosion, poison his drink on break. It’s different each time. Awesome. :2T:

Edited by MusicManiac

New Life Slaughter part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhVQpa_NSiw&search=hitman

Back in Black...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3-TpzGP0vA&search=hitman

Mad Man Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rej8DTW0a9U&search=hitman

Play

Mardi Gras Trailer Requiem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRlF9S1m86s&search=hitman

Trailer 2

Edited by MusicManiac

You should sign up for Hitman Forum MM http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php...01&CookieDate=1

It's a pretty cool place. You can find in-depth strats there.

The rehab mission gets easier after the first few tries. I got really fucking fustrated with it though, cause I revived the agent too soon and I still had a target left.

I'm known as '' SixPack! '' on there.

Cool, I will do that.

I am able to swipe the rehab admin pass from the guy smoking near the park benches and go in, but like the security decoy instead. I get in though the back, sabotage the gas and boom...first mark down. Second guy I poison in the alcohol near the globe ...two down. Third I dress up like the DR. and take him out in the chair... wtf is the agent?